Consumer reviews about JustCloud.com
Jul 31, 2012
overcharge, no customer support service
This website is just a money waste! They overcharged me several times even before my account was activated! They don't have refund policy and customer support service, so consumer is left with his problems. I will never use their services again!
Feb 13, 2013
This company doesn't stand on their promises! hey offered me their services just for $14.95 per month but charged me $30 without any notice and reason. I tired to get my money back but they said that they don't do refunds. Be careful and better don't deal with them!
Feb 10, 2014
This service is not very user's friendly and I have a few things to say about the way they conduct business.
1.) First of all, when you singn up for the service, they failed to say that you cannot cancel after 30 days no matter what problems you get with using their online backup service. No money back no matter what is the problem, period.
2.) do not sign up for longer than 30 days because you would really be disappointed with the backup service. It is very slow, you cannot access the site when you are overseas, no customer's service and your file is inaccessable when you need it the most.
3.) If you ever reimage the license PC, it will not be recognised at the site as a valid license PC anylonger. You will be prompted to buy a license all over again or if you keep looking around, you may be able to figure out that you can transfer the unused license to the same PC again. However, here is the real kicker, once you go through the process and then try to do a backup or access your file, you are once again notified that the PC is not recognized. Where does that leaves you? Calling customer service is painful to say the least and by the time you get one, it will be days that gone by. If you have time to waste, this is for you.
Bottom line...be ware at any one who says that there is no refund after 30 days. I had signed up for two years and could use the service for 6 months only. So my 1 1/2 remaining years is still unused and unrefundable. Stay away from this site. They are ripping you off.
Jan 24, 2015
BOGUS AND FRAUD
THIS IS BOGUS AND FRAUD.
I PAID FOR 2 YEARS.
NOW THEY TALK ABOUT SO CALL LIC
BACKUP IS NOT DONE SINCE AUGUST 14
THEY SEND DAILY MASSAGE THAT BACKUP IS COMPLETED. BUS IT DID NOT BACKUP.
I FILED A COMPLAINT TO BBB.
THEY DID NOT CARE TO REPLY.THIS CO IS FRAUD, BOGUS AND TECHNICALLY FAULTY THAT CAN NOT BACKUP.
EVEN SO CALLED BACKUP FILE CAN NOT BE OPENED.
I AM IN PROCESS OF FILING LAW SUIT AGAINST THIS CO WITH WORST COSTUMER SERVICE.
Apr 5, 2015
Beware of JustCloud: Technically Faulty and Outrageous Treatment
Beware of JustCloud Service!
Let me start with the positive: lost my PC and had fortunately backed up the day before and found all my files on the online backup. So far so good. The Billing department seems to be professional and efficient, which can be noticed that reminders to pay your renewal come much faster and more frequently than a response from the technical service: basically no support until I paid extra to become a 'VIP' Client with quick response time.
Here are the problems:
- technically incompatible with McAfee Anti-Virus - backup of my new PC was blocked by McAfee and could only temporarily be overruled by switching off McAfee. As I learnt, there is an unresolved dispute between the two companies, and McAfee does not allow to exclude JustCloud from the block list.
- JustCloud does know about this problem but does not alert clients BEFORE they sign up for Just Cloud.
- Instead of finding a solution, i.e. switching me over at JustCloud expense, to a compatible anti-virus system, they unilaterally, against my explicit refusal, canceled my account and send a refund: as if this would resolve my problem. I was literally thrown out against my will -- considering that I put had entrusted all my files, and as an independent consultant this means also entrusted my business backup, into JustCloud, this outraged me. They tried to get rid of me, because I was a problem. Below I have the transcript of my chat with the supervisor (second tier, higher level), which makes it obvious that JustCloud is struggling with McAfee and that I refused a simple cancelation and refund.
- in addition, Just Cloud messed up on my renewal: after I had already paid for the renewal, they still sent me a note that all my files will be deleted within hours because I failed to renew: lack of communication between the different departments.
- the restore process to my new PC was very painful: the process lasted days and I had to do it in the end in junks - the technical support AFTERWARDS told me so, but nowhere on their help-desk is this mentioned, so I wasted time with incomplete and aborted backups (if it is not complete there is nothing).
- when you restore they say it is exaclty in the same structure as I had it on my old PC. Not true: each backup junk is filed separately under a separate restore file from which I need to extract it and piece together a complete hard disk backup. Very time consuming.
So if you have plenty of time to waste and love to deal extensively with a company struggling to get their basic business model right, such as their relationship with an not exactly exotic software such as McAfee, JustCloud is your choice.
I will try to fix my problems with them because the pain of having to switch seems even worse at this stage.
Here is the transcript:
Steve Ferreira (18:01):
That is what the problem with McAfee we are facing.
In order to add this files in the exclusion list you need to contact McAfee.
Konrad Ritter (18:02):
I see. Not your friends.. I think you got a major business problem there. Should not be you client who has to do that. and McAfe is not exactly an exotic software
Steve Ferreira (18:03):
I completely agree with you. But this is not the same with the other anti-virus companies.
McAfee is doing this purposely.
Konrad Ritter (18:04):
I see. But unless you disclose that BEFORE I purchase your service, this is a problem you need to get fixed.
I could even have gotten a different anti virus. But JUST CLOUD did not say a word!!
Steve Ferreira (18:05):
I understand your concerns and would like to inform you that our senior admins are in continuous talks with McAfee to settle down this.
Konrad Ritter (18:06):
What are the risk right now. I will not be able to use my back up_?
Steve Ferreira (18:07):
There is no risk as such, but McAfee may delete the app again on restart.
Konrad Ritter (18:08):
It seems to start up right now. Is it after a restart of the compute
Steve Ferreira (18:09):
The backup is currently in progress. It might be deleted once the computer is restarted.
Konrad Ritter (18:10):
Just right now mcafee kicked in and said it deleted a dangerous file
Steve Ferreira (18:11):
We are aware of this and I assure you that Just Cloud doesn't contain any malicious file.
Konrad Ritter (18:12):
As I am not the only McAfee user, what is the solution you offer clients?
Steve Ferreira (18:13):
We are aware that it is not in good faith, but we suggest to either change the anti-virus program or we propose a full refund.
Konrad Ritter (18:17):
What happens to my files currently backuped wiht Just Cloud in case of a refund. Will I continue having access to them? Honestly, I have already wasted an incredible amount of time on JustCloud problems in the last 4 weeks . changing to another provider would waste even more. I would be amenable if you pay for me to switch over to Kaspersky and take responsibility to install it.
Steve Ferreira (18:18):
You need to restore the files before processing the refund.
Once the refund is processed and your account is closed, you will not be able to access the backed up files again.
Konrad Ritter (18:20):
Not an acceptable option
Steve Ferreira (18:20):
We are facing the flagging issue with almost all the anti-virus companies but apart from McAfee the others do allow to add the files in the exclusion list.
Just allow me a couple of minutess time.
Konrad Ritter (18:22):
Ok / as you did not warn me of this problem, despite the fact JustCloud is fully aware of it, I insist that you install at your expense *anyway not too much money compared to value of time I lost, and install it. The restore is an incredibly long process / just went through it once.
Steve Ferreira (18:24):
I understand your concerns over this and suggest you to contact our billing department for further assistance as I can assist you with only technical issues.
Are you there Conrad?
Konrad Ritter (18:25):
Previous 1 Next
Share this site with others